Monday, April 28, 2008

The SIM card and My Curiosity s Satisfaction

Have you ever thought what cope with that golden plate inserted into his cell phone? I did it, so I looked for information and now I can share with you what I found out.

When I was a girl, I was always interested in knowing what is inside of different devices and tools of my father kept in his garage. He wanted to know what he keeps in his boxes of different sizes, which is in its furniture. My dad used to spend much time in his garage, something that often my mom was mad him.

Being a child, I was thinking: " As my father, an adult, is keen to spend so much time with his pieces parts for his car, for radio and their tools, there is something interesting about them, my mom does not know about ".

So, when I had the opportunity, I spending my time alone in my father& 39;s garage, trying to figure out his secret. I was not able to understand what is keeping him there, but I had the curiosity of interested to hear about all the staff who remained in garage.

My curiosity had much place to get satisfaction. Sometimes this curiosity led me to disclose the radio, my father was listening all the time, being in the garage. Incidentally, I tried to repair several times until it stopped working. Even now my father has in his garage 5 broken radios, which I have tried to repair!

This curiosity is still with me and I am glad for that. By the way, it affected my team, like when I bought what I had no knowledge in hardware and software. I did not even know the difference between them. But I wanted to know what computer is. This made me try different programs, go to the different configurations and learn to manage. There were several times when my good friends had come to me and repair of computers, but the good news is that I have learned many new things!

Guess what is my next obsession technical curiosity? I can tell. This is my mobile phone. In my country I had to buy a phone and a corresponding number of separately. I was curious to see how they connect. And I came to know that there is a golden plaque, which must be placed in the cell phone, which contains my number. Looking carefully at the plate, I do not know anything. So I gave up for a while only with the understanding that the board is called a SIM card.

For not long ago that I started working for a company that offers different software, including mobile phone software. Once again I have heard of this gold plate. The study of this company products, I learned that this board contains a chip, which has the information stored in it. I& 39;ve seen this chip embedded in smart cards and tokens, which offer software for too.

First I learned that my memory card is partially filled with the wireless provider of information and that there is a free space available for data on my contacts I can add and manage. Producer inserted my phone number on the card, your name and other data, which can not be removed or replaced by myself. The other part of the memory can be used for data storage, like my phone numbers or SMSs. Some of the information, which I may add, can be stored on this card, another - in the phone memory.

Now I wanted to have access to my personal data on the card. I was thinking for a while longer on the opportunity to do so with the card management software on my computer, which could easily help to make the order in my phone entries (like editing some numbers, adding and deleting others New once).

The company I work for gave me an opportunity to test a user-friendly software, called Dekart SIM Manager. This software helped me get easily within my SIM card. You can imagine how happy I was that I was finally get the opportunity to access my phone using data from personal computers instead of keyboard phone! I was anticipating long been my desire for achievement. It was so exciting!

Thanks to Dekart SIM Manager came to know that my card has protection instruments, like the PIN codes. I have heard of them and always confused about using them. Now, with this I could easily friendly software designed to manage these new codes too.

One thing that was able to ascertain from the developers of this software, it also supports the Universal SIM cards is the third generation mobile generation wireless systems, as well as different types of SIM cards for GSM, which contains more than 250 calendar entries.

My needs of an individual user, are totally satisfied with this software opportunities to manage my contacts and codes. I think it may be for real use for GSM operators, which requires special characteristics, such as the ability to view SIM serial number, PIN1 state, technical data of the agenda, its memory size and the number of self - entries.

My curiosity was completely satisfied. Even gave me much more! What about you? Please send me a line in liubac@excite.com

Ceban Liuba
Born in 1974 in Ukraine (former USSR)
now lives in Moldova
Since 1998 works on the Internet
Since 2004 works in IT security Software Company as a Writer Technician



Bookmark it: del.icio.usdigg.comreddit.comnetvouz.comgoogle.comyahoo.comtechnorati.comfurl.netbloglines.comsocialdust.comma.gnolia.comnewsvine.comslashdot.orgsimpy.com

No comments: